The tutorial below will walk you through how to switch your existing Instagram profile from a personal page to a professional page. This will need to be done through the Instagram App on your phone. (Steps are the same for both iPhone & Android users)
For the video walkthrough of these steps, click HERE.
1. Log into your Instagram account & tap your image icon on the bottom right menu. This will take you to your profile.
2. Once you are viewing your profile, tap the 3 lines on the top right & then "Settings"
3. Once in settings, tap "Account" & scroll down to the bottom. There you will see a blue link "Switch to Professional Account"
4. After tapping "Switch to Professional Account" you will then be prompted to start the setup process. The setup quick & easy! Simply hit continue at the bottom of the 4 pages to move forward.
5. After moving through the 4 intro slides, you will be prompted to select a category. You can search to find one that best describes you. (ie. Real Estate/Mortgage Broker). Once you've selected your category, tap "Done".
The next page will ask if you want to display this category on your profile. This is something we do recommend. Tap the slider to select this option.
6. You will then be asked to select if you are a Creator or Business. We recommend going with the Business option. Tap "Next" once you've made your selection.
7. You are now in the home stretch of setting up your Professional account! There are 4 final steps you will need to walkthrough.
Most of these steps will already be completed since your Instagram was already setup when we made the switch.
8. Review the "Complete Your Profile" option if you would like to make any changes to your Name, Username, Website or Bio. Once reviewed, tap "Done".
9. Review the "Learn From Others" option. This will populate similar accounts for you to follow. This is optional & if you would like to skip this option, simply tap "Done".
10. Review the "Invite Friends" option. Although you may already followers on your Instagram account, feel free to send out some invites! If you would like to skip this step, but still mark it as complete, tap "Invite Friends by SMS".
This will open up a new text message with an invite link. Simply hit "Cancel" & "Done" to complete this step.
11. Review the "Share Photos & Video" step. This step will be completed once you post up to 3 photos or videos. No need to complete this step right now. Hit the "X" to move forward.
12. You have officially switched your profile to a Professional Page! When viewing your profile, you should now see 2 new options under your Bio: Ad Tools & Insights.
Ad Tools: Allow you to grow your brand on Instagram by promoting your posts.
Insights: Allows you to take a deeper look at how your account & content are performing. You can view analytics on things like Accounts Reach & Interactions. You will also now have the option to view insights on individual posts.